Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Workspace, Birthday, & Spring Semester

I'm glad to announce that I officially have a new desk and I LOVE IT!! It's working out exactly how I wanted it to and I've already filmed a video, done some watercolor studies, and sketched away on it! I'm incredibly happy with this new set up. A workspace tour will DEFINITELY be made, hopefully soon before it gets messy, haha. That video will show my desk, etc in more detail. I'll keep it a secret until the workspace tour video comes out! ;) Sorry, not sorry!

My birthday is on February 1st and I'll be 20..I just started getting used to telling people I'm 19 and now I have to try and remember 20?! Oh boy. I don't plan on doing much for my birthday. Last year everyone sort of forgot my birthday because we got 6 feet of snow and no one had signal for the SuperBowl that day. My best friend remembered, though, and surprised me with a visit c: Too bad it's on a Monday :'c Mondays are no fun.

It's now the second week of the Spring 2016 semester and I'm already overwhelmed, to be honest. My portfolio class and my painting class can't really coincide with each other, so I'm pretty much making two completely different series in two or three completely different mediums, with separate assignments in each of those classes PLUS my three other general education classes to worry about. So I'm kind of stressed, but at the same time I know I'll have to get used to this because of the career I want to go into. Luckily both my art classes are sort of at my own pace...but also not at my own pace, at the same time (if that makes any sense).

I'm really excited about my first painting for my Painting 2 class, though!! It's going to be the biggest I've ever painted and I'm super stoked about it. I've had this idea for a while now, and it's going to be my next "Behind The Artwork" video! (If you haven't seen my last Behind The Artwork video, click here to watch it!) I'm really excited for my portfolio class, as well. I just wish it was more of me developing my portfolio rather than doing a bunch of this extra stuff at the same time. It's starting to get hard to organize and prioritize, honestly. I have to have 2 pieces finished by the 9th of February and a very rough draft of an artist's statement (a page or so long) done by February 2nd. Not gunna lie, kind of freaking out inside but I'll get through it alive (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment