Monday, November 28, 2016

Plan With Me | DECEMBER

Hello again! Today I'm sharing my December Plan With Me video! I'm SO proud of how my December came out, and my video actually ended up being slightly longer than I intended, but it has all good content, I think!


December is a major transition month for me. I'm adding and experimenting with a lot of things, so that way when I get to my Leuchtturm 1917 A5 Dot Grid Journal, I'll be totally prepared and know my style. December is the last month in my Moleskine ruled journal (A5 as well) and it's pretty sentimental to me. I found a calling I didn't know I had, and I've tried countless things to try and find my own style. Would I like it to be the really artsy and color style? Heck yes! Is it how I pictured? Heck no! And that's okay! The beauty of bullet journaling is that it's tailored to the user and for me little pops of color and fairly minimalistic is, surprisingly, what works best for me!


@haleyjournals

My first experiment was doing a monthly review and planning page for the first time, and I LOVED it! I always just went by the seat of my pants every month and experimented with every weekly and daily because I didn't know what worked for me, for sure, and I was trying out a lot of different things. But, after October I figured out what kinds of dailies worked for me, so I sort of planned around that for December. I am still trying to use weekly dashboards, but now that I've moved my habit tracker to a full page spread, it's not really useful besides it leaves a space for washi tape!


Washi tape is one of many things I'm incorporating into my December pages to bring a little interest and color into my planner. Being an artist and having a bullet journal is kind of a battle between being artsy and being practical/useful, but I'll talk more about that in my BuJo flipthrough post coming in January ;)

I was sort of sad with some of my spreads because they were all black and white and it just wasn't "me." So I've been slowly finding ways to incorporate color into my spreads more and more! Washi tape is a HUGE intro in December, as you guys saw in my washi video and blog post, and I'm keeping the blues/grays/silver/white/black theme for this month. I'm also introducing more doodles and hand lettering into my spreads. I usually have little doodles for the weather and hand lettering for certain days, headers, and I can't wait to do a Christmas/December lettering challenge! I LOVED the #lettertheoffice challenge by @thelittlestbujo on Instagram, it was SO much fun and it really got me into lettering. Sadly, I can't use my copics in my journal because they bleed way too much. So I'll have to settle with using my Microns, stabilos, and colored pencils. We'll see what happens!

So far I'm very pleased with how December came out in my bullet journal, and I explain a lot more in my video about how I planned it out, why I did certain things, etc. So please watch the video if you haven't already! (: Thanks for watching and reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment