Sunday, November 6, 2016

3 PAINT CHALLENGE | Cactus Family, Long Time No See!


Long time no see, everybody!!

So sorry I've been away so long! My homework/studying load is CRAZY this semester, and I'm honestly more stressed with 3 classes than I was with 5. ANYWAYS, I saved this video from the end of the summer so that I could post it right after midterm, just to keep you guys entertained about halfway through the college semester grind! I'm really hoping to get videos up more often either toward the end or after the semester ends because I'm swamped from bell to bell right now. I'm still doing art, but it's mainly for my 3D Design class. Next semester I'll be taking 3 art classes and an English class, so hopefully I'll have more time and inspiration next semester to do videos!
I've also been MAJORLY into bullet journaling, and I actually feel like it might be part of my calling in life. I have a successful Instagram account (@haleyjournals) that I post to daily, so follow me there to learn about bujo!

Okay, back to the video!

I REALLY love how this video turned out, even though the lighting was messing with my camera a little bit. I hadn't watched it or listened to the narration since I edited it months ago, but I was surprised to hear it today and realize how well I had actually done this! I'm really proud of this video, and I can't wait to make more acrylic art videos in the future. I've been really inspired by succulents and cacti lately, since I'm now a succulent mom, and the last three pieces I've started are all succulent-themed. So you can tell where my brain was, haha! I'm really tempted to try this sort of piece out with other colors and sizes, and I'm hoping to be able to sell them since they don't take much time to make at all! This video only took an hour of my time to create, not including editing anyway, and I really enjoyed the layering and freeness of it all.

I'm also hoping to make blog posts a regular thing now. Most will probably be about 3D pieces or Bullet Journaling, but hey it's my blog I can post what I like to do, eh? ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment