Friday, November 11, 2016

A Surreal Experience - Meeting Jordan!

A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to meet one of my best friends, Jordan, face-to-face! We met on deviantART a looong time ago, and became friends very fast. We have our own series on each other's YouTube channels opening each other's Pen Pal packages, even. But we never got to meet each other in person until years later.

Within those years, we argued a lot. I mean, all friends argue right? After a while we sort of drifted apart and did our own thing for almost 2 years. And I don't think either of us realized how much we appreciated each other until we didn't have each other.

So after almost 2 years of not speaking, texting, etc. I got a text from Jordan while in my 3D Design class. I have to say, it was really odd and overwhelming at first. But she and her boyfriend were actually in my state for the first time, and mentioned that one of the only reasons she would even come to Illinois was to see me, and thought she'd take the leap to try and get ahold of me. After some conversation back and forth, I was so surprised that she had felt the same way I did during those two years: Like I was missing something in my life, but every time I had the urge to fix things I was too afraid to send anything. It was crazy to know she felt the same way. (Kind of sounds like a Hallmark movie, actually).

During the 5 days of catching up via Facebook Messenger, we caught up a little bit and I think both of us grew up a lot in the 2 years we didn't communicate with each other. We met up at a Popeye's  that was sort of a halfway mark for both of us (so neither of us were really driving a ridiculous amount of time compared to the other) and the feeling of seeing her car pull up and know she wasn't just this other person on the other side of my computer/phone screen was so surreal. (I was apparently taller than she expected because that was the first thing she said to me, haha!) We went inside and ate at a table all to ourselves and caught up for what seemed like minutes, even though it was an hour and a half before we had to part ways.


Between all the adulting and other stuff coming up between the both of us, it's hard to say when we'll be able to have this chance again, so I'm glad she got ahold of me when she did. It was truly surreal to meet her in person, after so many years of being best friends and then not hearing from her for a while.

It's nice to know time and distance hasn't really changed a thing between us. We're back to being best friends and I hope this time there's no end in sight.
Miss you already, Jordan!
:) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment