Monday, January 25, 2016

Behind the Artwork - Avery's Unicorn

Hi there everyone! It's the big day! I've been teasing WIP shots and tiny sneak peeks, but today is the day where everyone finally gets to see the finished product! Dun dun dunnnn.....!


~~~~~~~~~~


Here it is!!! This is the picture I took of it right after I finished it! The lighting is pretty bad, but it's the best picture I could get.


Avery after she opened it! My sister said all her friends would love it!


We hung it right away, too! Matches her bed and her unicorn loves it too ;)


Val said she hadn't seen Avery smile like that since she met Rapunzel at Disney World! She was waiting for such a long time for this painting, and told everyone about it whenever they asked what she was going to hang on her wall! This picture is very true to the colors it actually is, as well!

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so now to the nitty gritty fun art talk! The video explains a lot of it, but I'll put it here as well! I used a watercolor canvas that's 2' x 3' (video explains why I used that canvas), and I used Liquitex BASICS acrylic paint. Some Sharpie was used but I ended up painting over it, haha. I used a multitude of brushes, so don't ask me what kind I used..just a bunch of different sizes and shapes to get the job done I needed. (:

Almost everything in this painting means something special. The trees are for growth and strength, the unicorn is for imagination, the small spirit houses offer protection, the style of trees reflect my own style/series called Twisty Trees so she always remembers Aunt Haley, the stacked rocks are used by hikers so they don't get lost in the woods so those are so she never loses her way, and the mist with flecks/sparkles in it are supposed to be dreams, wishes, and angels watching over her.

I'm so nervous to share this with everyone. Probably because I worked so hard on it and I want it to get noticed, even though I don't have a lot of followers/subscribers. If you enjoyed, PLEASE share with your friends, and if you want to see more subscribe to my YouTube channel (link to video at the top) and follow my blog! (:
Thanks for all of your support! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment