Friday, April 29, 2016

Art Collective Trip to St. Louis!

Here's that extra post I told you readers about! ;D If you've been keeping up with my art channe, twitter, and tumblr, you've noticed this last week I've been uploading THREE extra videos! These videos are the vlog montages I took while my art collective was in St. Louis! This was the first big weekend trip the club has ever taken, and I'm so glad that my group was able to go. They're such a great group of people and I'm so grateful that this club has brought us together. I truly feel like I have friends now I'll have for the rest of my life.

Enough with the sappy talk, I'll start with Day 1 of our trip!


This was a pretty awesome first day, because we got to explore around downtown St. Louis on foot for a little bit, eat some really good food, check out the sculpture garden, and go to the famous City Museum! We also found a pretty cool comic book store on the way back to the museum, I felt like I was in Big Bang Theory! My uncle and aunt that are locals in the St. Louis area told me about the City Museum and how there are random buses and planes suspended in air you can just go climb and jump on! I honestly thought they were overemphasizing it, BUT I WAS WRONG. In the vlog you'll see the bus hanging off the roof, and the planes suspended in air with kids climbing through wire mesh tunnels from each one. IT WAS INTENSE. And the entire place was just fun, colorful, and very creative! Before that, we went to the Citygarden (sculpture garden) and we were surprised to find out that we could CLIMB on the sculptures! We got some pretty cool pictures and footage from that place!


Day 2 was pretty cool! We went to Hardee's for breakfast and headed to the St. Louis Art Museum! That place was so big, I only got through maybe an eighth of it before we went to the gift shop and cafĂ© and then headed to the zoo right afterward. The museum was very quiet, and because we were younger the security guards followed us like vultures. There was a time when I was in the Impressionism room by myself, and this guard literally stood in the middle of the room, arms crossed, STARING at me. Like bro, take a picture it'll last longer. I personally felt pretty uncomfortable at the art museum, but I was super excited to head to the zoo! The Saint Louis Zoo was literally right down the street, and even though it was busy, we only had 3 hours there, and we barely saw a fourth of the entire zoo, I had a blast! :D The butterfly dome and the sea lions were probably my favorite parts of the zoo that we were able to see. I can't wait to go there sometime with Austin and see the entire thing! And I will remember NOT to wear flats. That was a bad idea. After the museum and the zoo, we went to the BEST ribs/bbq place ever. I think it was called Sweet Fire or Sugar Fire ribs...I can't remember but I've been craving bbq everyday since we ate there and I CAN'T BE TAMED.


Day 3 was the shorter of the three days because we left right after the arch and started heading home! It's also the shortest vlog too (only about 3 minutes). We ate Panera for a late breakfast/early lunch and it was AMAZING! It's called St. Louis Bread there, though, I think because Panera originally started there? That's what I've heard but I'm not sure if it's true or not. It tasted better than the one back home, so that's a plus. The City Hall was pretty cool too! Very nice to look at on the inside and it was a lot bigger than I thought haha. There's a cool part in the vlog where we're in front of the City Hall, and then when we're up in the arch you can see where we were standing! On our way home we stopped by the Pink Elephant Antique Mall that we spotted on the way to St. Louis. It was so cute, and just really unique! It was built out of an old school and their dippin dots and funnel cake were AWESOME.

So that's all the St. Louis stuff I can think about to talk about! All three vlogs are linked beneath each picture, so you can watch them all! Subscribe for weekly artsy videos, and more travel vlogs will be coming in the future! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment