Monday, June 20, 2016

MOO Erasers and Canvas Paper Reviews

Hi everyone!

My video this week was an experimental painting for me, but it was finally a painting in my style for once on my channel! Hahaha.. I incorporated two product reviews into it mainly because 3 separate videos would have been too much, in my opinion. I do go over the products in the video, but I'll also put my reviews here.

MOO Erasers

These erasers are now my new favorite! I LOVE not having a billion little shavings all over my desk after finishing a sketch. These MOO Erasers are VERY nicely priced (about $2.50 for two eraser pack at Hobby Lobby) and they work very well, especially for us artists who make a lot of mistakes/change our minds a lot on lines, haha. I highly recommend these erasers because the more I use them the more I love them! The only bad part is that they smell HEAVILY of crayons when you first open them. In the video I tell my funny story about when I first opened them, haha. If you erase lightly you will still get a lot of tiny and thin shavings, but if you erase with a normal/heavy hand it make a longer rope, which means easier clean up! :D

Strathmore Canvas Paper

Okay, I'm sort of hit-and-miss with the canvas paper. I didn't like how "plastic-y" it felt/acted, but once I got thicker paint on it it worked just fine. I was trying to experiment with layering watered-down acrylic paint on a paper I wasn't familiar with and it just didn't work out how I wanted, haha. Overall, I think it's a really good alternative to buying real stretched canvases, especially if you don't have a lot of space. I'm lucky enough to have an extra closet where I store all of my extra canvases. The pad I got was 12 x 16 inches and it's one of those sizes where it could feel small but also feel large at the same time. For me, anyway. I'm used to painting larger than I draw and this was a nice happy medium. I feel if I went in with just regular straight up acrylic instead of watering it down (which is not something I normally do)


I hope these reviews helped out! (: It's also mentioned in the video (probably in a more entertaining way) so click the link above to watch it! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment