Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Plans for Summer

Hi all! Just a casual little post today. Figured I'd let you all know about what I plan to do on my YouTube channel during the summer!

Well, first off, I'm not looking for another job anytime soon because I'm fortunate enough to not HAVE to have one while in school. I'm deciding to be selfish for one last summer and spend it with family and friends, and most importantly do a TON of experimental artwork! I've lately felt like I'm in a growth spurt in my art skills that I'm having a hard time getting through. But lately I've found some cool things from just doodling and I've sort of had an "ah ha!" moment. I can't wait to show them with you all! <3 So I guess before I get TOO far into things, I'll show you the TENTATIVE list of videos I hope to upload in the next few months:
  • Behind the Artwork video
  • On/Off Twisty Tree speedpaints
  • Fan art
  • Doodling/Zentangle work
  • Acrylic painting speedpaints
  • #MerMay piece
  • Gouache Trial vlog
  • An "in real life" art trade vlog
  • Mini Series portfolio tour
  • Two remaining parts of my "Process" series
  • Watercolor vs Watercolor review
  • Art Book Collection
  • Reference Book Collection
  • Sketchbook tour (if I finish it)
  • Crayola Challenge pt 2
  • 3 Marker Challenge
These are just some ideas I have for over the summer, and I can guarantee there will probably be more to come from me! I've been contemplating on whether or not to upload TWICE a week over the summer. Maybe Mondays and Thursdays? I'm not really sure yet. I thought about doing what some YouTubers are doing now, where the "extra video" day would be a smaller/less significant video (vlog, simple speedpaint, etc) while the main upload day would be the "better" video. But I don't want to promise two videos a week because what if something comes up? So I think it'll be some sort of a pleasant surprise kind of thing for now and if I feel I can do two a week then I will for sure. I do have some videos that are slightly "smaller" and simpler than my normal ones I upload on Mondays but I feel if I uploaded them for my Monday video it would be sort of a let down. I feel I could probably keep up the occasional second video a week through the semester as well! So I think I'll implement that starting next week when I upload on Monday. I have a lot of cool videos already edited that have been waiting their turn to be uploaded!

I don't want to go into TOO much depth with the video ideas listed, so it can still be sort of a surprise, but I'm super excited to have this summer to really see what I can do! And my college's art department is letting students come in and use the painting room as a semi-open studio over the summer so I'll have a TON of better light for painting videos too!

That's all I'll say for now, any suggestions are appreciated! I'm always looking for do-able video ideas that my viewers would like to see! (:
HOORAY FOR THIS SEMESTER FINALLY BEING OVER!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment