Saturday, December 12, 2015

Winter Break!!

Hello everyone who still reads this!

FINALLY!! Made it to winter break! And ever since I got home on Wednesday I've been doing almost nothing but artsy stuff! When I got home from Starbucks, my new second home..I'm there like everyday I KID YOU NOT, I opened my package from amazon and my adult coloring book was in there! It took the rest of the afternoon/evening but I got the first page done! I'm trying to be artsy with it, so that's probably why it took so long ^^'

But other than that, I've worked on an abstract watercolor painting I've been wanting to try out based on the Ancient Mayan art style, I've made a set of a coasters I plan to make an ASMR video out of, I went to my first art journaling class at my worked and loved it so much I spent a LOT of money at work today ^^''''' Ooooops...but my mom paid me back for it and said she'd wrap it up for one of my Christmas gifts, haha.

I've also dragged the silly unicorn painting out again. I WANT to work on it and get it done by Christmas..it all depends on my motivation. I know it's for a 7 year old..but she's going to, hopefully, have this painting for the rest of her life. I want it to be so kickass my sister wants to pay me a million bucks for it. Although that's very unlikely..but ya know, I can dream, right?

I've also started scrapbooking again! I even finally finished my Prom album! This job has really helped me branch out to be more of a crafter! I love doing crafty things, and now I finally have the extra money to buy some of the "real" stuff for it, instead of knockoff stuff that doesn't really work! Once I get a couple more pages done in my art journal, I'll do a whole post about my art journaling journey. But for now it's just experimental! Sadly, water and ink have made a mess of my art journal's crease...so there's a lot of damage there. But that's part of art journaling, I guess! It's not supposed to be perfect. Here's my progress, but not the finished product:


^^^^^ I'M SO PROUD OF IT LOOK AT MY BABY ^^^^^

As for YouTube, I'm mainly only working on ASMR videos now. I don't have the time, space, or recording set up to make real art speedpaints. I'm surprised any of my ASMR video angles work, honestly. I DO have ideas for art videos, don't get me wrong. The unicorn will be a big video, hopefully. I just need to get my butt up and get it done. It'll be the first installment of a series my boyfriend came up with! It's a "behind-the-scenes" look at my progress and what my art space looks like c:

I'll be working on my Christmas ASMR video and the painting tomorrow, since it'll be my first TRUE day off. I've been working or out and about all the other days of my break so far. ASMR videos are my favorite thing to make. It's relaxing for me AND my viewers, and I'm helping people at the same time. And they're so fun to make! I feel like with my art videos I'm rushed because I have limited amounts of time on my camera/phone and have to stop, usually, two or three times, maybe more depending on the project, so I can transfer the recordings. It's a weird process haha.

Other than that, I don't think there are any other art updates. I don't have any pictures of anything special, really. I hope you are all alive after finals, and are doing well! Merry Christmas if I don't get a chance to write anything else before then! (Hopefully I will because I'll be doing a lot of artsy stuff, believe me!!) It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm on winter break..so I feel like I have something due on Monday when I DON'T I'M FINALLY FREE!!!
Ahem..have a nice day/night/afternoon/Christmas! \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment