Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Time Crunch!

Hello all!

The Christmas season is a time where I overload myself with artworks and crafts that I would like to give to people as gifts. This year is no different!

  • Avery's unicorn painting is nearing completion! I just have some minor details to finish and the unicorn/Pegasus thing to finish and it'll be done! I think I'm going to shoot for her birthday at the end of January, though. My parents spoiled the grandkids with gifts this year and I'd rather give it to her on a more personal level than have it be forgotten in the mass of gifts they'll get this Christmas from everyone. I'm not going to post a progress picture, though. It wouldn't look much different. But the latest progress picture I've put on here will look MIGHTY different from what it will look like in the end! Waiting for her birthday will also give me more time to perfect it. I'd say it'll be the best present she gets for her 7th birthday ;)

  • I've recently made coasters for some people, as well! I REALLY like how they've turned out, I just have to do the acrylic finish on top of the other two sets and I'll be done with those!

  • Today I was contacted to paint three heraldic wooden shields for my friend I met in high school senior year. I thought he totally forgot about me! We were kind of a team, hoping to create a comic book together (him writing the story, me and another girl doing the artwork), but after graduation we stopped contacting each other. I'm not sure if he still even does the comics thing anymore. But he DOES appreciate art, and wanted to know if I could do three of these small wooden shields by Christmas. In 2.5 days. Which means I'll pretty much be working on them nonstop. But CHALLENGE ACCEPTED BECAUSE I'M A BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT. They're about the size of a hand, so they're not too big and he already put a white layer on them. So it shouldn't be too bad. Very simple and not detailed at all. Meeting him today to discuss payment and the designs themselves.

  • I also have a birthday/Christmas gift swap with Shawna again this year! c: After finally meeting her for the first time this year, in Colorado, I'm super stoked to get started on this drawing! We've decided to give each other a single theme, that's it, and it can only be in lineart! We've both been practicing linework, so this will be good practice for us, and it's a smaller picture so it'll be fun! I've already bought her gifts within the price limit we set, so I can start on that hopefully pretty soon!

So those are my projects for this holiday season ^^' A lot of it won't get done, but I know the coasters and the shields will! I hope you all have a nice holiday season, and get lots of wonderful gifts and memories! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment