Thursday, July 30, 2015

Deadline Set!

Hey guys! Been a few days, but I've finally made a deadline for myself to get my niece's painting done!

AUGUST 21ST

That will be the day that this painting MUST be done by! Now I just have to see if I can do it! Oh my..That means I have about 22 days to finish this painting! x__x I might have several all-nighters in my near future!!

I've already warned Austin that I'll be working on this painting even if he's over chilling at my house lol. We already did that once, so he knows the drill, haha! He watched Netflix on my computer while I painted and tried not to get too distracted! (Doesn't help that his laugh is so darn contagious).

I don't really have a plan on what I should try and get done everyday for this painting, then again I've never really thought about it that way, yet. Usually for my marker or colored pencil drawings I'll have a set goal that I'll try to finish everyday. For example, Monday I'll get the sketch done, Tuesday will be the lineart, Wednesday I'll finish the line weight, Thursday the main focus of the picture will be colored, and Friday will be the background. It usually doesn't go that smoothly, though. Things will usually come up and interfere with when I can actually get work done on it, but you get the jist. I'm going to try and set goals for each day for this painting. But paintings work differently than marker drawings.

Paintings are usually done by layers to keep the "same stage of completion" at..well...the same stage. So it's harder to have steps for paintings because usually you would work at a layer at a time. So I guess I could just say 1 layer a day and hope it's not more than 22 layers of paint! That would be crazyyyy! But because my canvas is so big, that might be a good goal for each day. Then once all the main stuff (modeling/shading, highlights, etc.) is finished, and I still have time before the deadline, I can work on the details and have goals for each day like I would on my paper pieces.

So, that's my plan for my next 3 weeks! And only about 2 of those weeks I have completely off everything! No school, no work, no nothin'! Now, let's see if I can get anything fun worked in there around this painting schedule!

Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment