Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Hobby + #HPLettering Challenge Recap

Hello again! Today I'm sharing a new hobby I've found that I LOVE. Well, first off, I started reading Harry Potter this year (Amelia is so excited) and I'm in love with it! Also, hand lettering is my new hobby! I started in October with the #LetterTheOffice challenge from @thelittlestbujo on Instagram and I fell in love with different fonts and the fun of lettering! I do it all the time in my bullet journals now and I can definitely say I've improved and I'm pretty good at it!




Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE the show The Office so this was the perfect lettering challenge for me to start out with. Since then I've joined the #happyletteringchallenge in December, which kind of became a flop once finals were over because I was so pooped from the semester from hell that lasted two weeks later than any of my other 5 semesters at BHC. I just wanted to sit around and do nothing and I ended up going into a bit of a planning slump like I did back in September. I'm back at it now, though, because I was excited to get January started in my new A5 Orange Dot-Grid Leuchtturm!





Since I had gotten super into Harry Potter in November-December I decided to join the 16 day #HPLettering challenge that one of my BuJo besties, @sunshine.and.stationery on Instagram showed me! I found that my Copic Markers (the only brush pens I really have) work REALLY well for hand lettering. So I tried it and loved the results, along with using my Stabilo 88 pens, and did the challenge in my sketchbook!

All photos found on @haleyjournals
Unfortunately, even though it was a shorter challenge, I was unable to finish it because my classes got CRAZY and I could barely think or do anything. So I got as close as I could, and I thoroughly enjoyed the practice! I do plan on doing more lettering challenges within my bullet journal every month, but I'm not holding myself to doing every single day if I don't have the time (: Personal limits come first, challenges can wait! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment