Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Flowering Antlers



I did it, guys! Here's my revamped Inktober piece! I DID finish the ink part in the last stretch of October, but I finished the coloring last night. I'm really happy with out it turned out. Just how I saw it in my brain! It's done with watercolors, india ink, and Copic markers. I've been really trying to do more with mixed media, and I will probably add more to this if I get bored sometime (if it doesn't sell before I get to it).

With this idea, I wanted to do something girly, but at the same time, something that could be hung on someone's living room wall even if they're not that girly or outdoorsy. And when I sketched/planned this piece out, I was really into antlers and flowers at the time..so I put them together and BAM!

Funny story about the blue background!
I had colored in the bottom sections of the background (underneath the antlers) and noticed my marker wasn't as strong as it was when I had started. I panicked and got to a good stopping point, ordering a new marker immediately (and some refills). School picked up and I didn't have time to work on it, so it sat there a while. Then, last night I started out with my original marker and decided I would go for as long as it would and then switch to my new marker. Well, THE ORIGINAL MARKER MADE IT THROUGH THE WHOLE BACKGROUND AND MORE!! What a little trooper!! I eventually switched to my new marker, but it was just funny that it pulled through.

Here are the materials I used:
Paper - Strathmore Watercolor Paper (9x12in, 140lbs)
Artist's Tape
Van Gogh Watercolors
Speedball India Ink
Copic Markers: R32, R35, R37, R39, YR01, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG11, BG13, BG34, BG45, BG49, W0, W1, W2, W3

THIS ORIGINAL PIECE IS FOR SALE!
Without Mat - $45
With Mat - $60
(Since it's watercolor you'd have to get a mat for it to hanging anyway, just FYI)

No comments:

Post a Comment