Saturday, September 5, 2015

Elephant Watercolor FAIL!

So, I've been working on this watercolor painted elephant for my best friend since the beginning on APRIL, and I finally finished it last night at around 12:30am!

And guess what...

I hate it :D And I plan to start over. And her birthday is in 10 days. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm trying to decide if I should make it smaller and just redraw the outline of the elephant, or if I should stay the same size and use my light table to save me some time.

I mainly don't like it because it turned out WAY too dull, gaudy, and I don't like the color choices I made. Pretty much the only thing I like about it is the small portion of background at the bottom where I let the color run and do its own thing. Other than that, not really impressed by it. Which is a bummer considering I've put 20+ hours into it because I'm still very new to watercolor and I'm still nervous with it. Starting over would also mean that I'm going to have to get my dip pen and India ink out and ink all of my designs again. But since I plan to not have as many designs on it in the second attempt it should be fine. I don't mind inking it, it's actually sort of relaxing to me.

So here's what the fail version looks like:
Fail by BlueEyesNeko

Not the best picture, I know. But it's just WAY too gaudy and I don't like it. It's not good enough for my best friend. Maybe in the future I'll try to sell it, but for now it's going to be put away for a while. If anyone would like to purchase it, please email me at: gustafsonhaley@gmail.com we can make a deal there.

No comments:

Post a Comment